Friday, December 5, 2008

GRENOBLE




It’s now the day before my 21st birthday and, as usual, I have a lot of catching up to do! About three weeks ago, I took a trip to Grenoble, France with a couple good friends and a few complete strangers. Tarik, my favorite Moroccan neighbor, invited me to go back in October, and it was an offer I couldn’t turn down. In Grenoble, I met up with three more of Tarik’s friends and one other American guy from my program – three Moroccans, two Americans, and a French guy; five guys and me… it felt like high school all over again! ☺
We spent the weekend in a tiny little chalet in a tiny mountain village outside of Grenoble in the French Alps. It was by far the most relaxing time I have spent thus far in Europe. We romped around the Alps, played games of Monopoly and Rummy late into the night, ate delicious French and Moroccan meals, and laughed… a lot.
I could tell you a million stories from the weekend, mostly hilarious cases of mistranslation from French to English, English to French, or Arabic to English to French… But those might not be appropriate for all readers (I know my blogging fans are plentiful and diverse. Ha ha… hi mom and dad.) So instead, I’ll just post pictures.


Two shots of the view from our Chalet


Tarik and Sean


AMAZING Moroccan meal: Couscous


Perrier enjoying dinner with us


one of the many Monopoly games...


the whole crew, departing on a hike


great views everywhere




A better look at the tiny village where we stayed


my favorite picture of Tarik




singing songs in Arabic


There were definitely more sheep than people in our village...


Edelweiss, Edelweiss... The whole
place was very "sound of music"



Happy Dani in the mountains... I can't wait to go back.







No comments: