Friday, September 26, 2008

Mostly, I just want to post pictures for your viewing pleasure... but pictures might not say much without a bit of explanation, so I guess I will have to put forth a little effort and actually write something...

** click on the pictures to make them bigger if you want!**



Left: James Morrison's grave - pretty understated, but a must see in the Pere-Lachaise cemetery.
Right: some crazy spider webs in a tomb, Pere-Lachaise cemetery

a tiny yellow dahlia... my favorite :)

the reason why scooters are necessary in Paris.

Mont St. Michel with our new friend - a gift from a bartender... his name is Perrier (the little figurine, not the bartender...) He will be making frequent appearances in future photo albums.

bus trip back to Paris - starting to feel a bit delirious i think.

So happy to be at school! this is me and Kaitlin at the Catholic Institute of Paris - the place where we are supposed to have to actually do some WORK... hard to imagine, I know.

the gardens at Versailles. We spent all day there on Tuesday.

Dani and Kaitlin at the Louvre. By the way, I promise we have other friends... but Kaitlin is just so pretty. and she's in all my pictures. Thus, you will continue to see a lot of her.

He made it to the Louvre too...

either the picture is crooked or the tower is... You decide :) But there you have it folks, I'm in Paris!

making faces...

we went on a boat cruise this morning on the Seine. A bit cold, but a great view of Paris from a new angle.

I didn't photoshop this picture, I swear! I just put my camera on the black and white setting and snapped this shot from a boat as we drove by! I'm pretty proud of my artistic skills...


Me at Sacre Coeur this morning... a really beautiful day. we sat on those steps in the sunshine and listened to a guy play his guitar for over an hour.

My room - looks spacious from this picture, but keep in mind, that "twin" bed is actually only about 2/3 the size of your standard twin... I lovingly call the space my own little matchbox.

my funny little bathroom... you can actually sit on the toilet, be washing your hands and taking a shower all at the same time. Convenient, no?

Well that's all for now folks, I hope you enjoyed the photo synopsis of the past week in Paris! I got my class schedule on Wednesday, I am taking five courses but I have monday and friday off (PERFECT) so I will be doing quite a bit of traveling around!

Love to you all!

No comments: