I spent the weekend at St. Malo and Mont St. Michel – two beautiful towns on the northern coast of France. I am still amazed at the historic masterpieces that surround me… seemingly too ancient to be standing, but somehow preserved for my viewing pleasures (and for the hoards of other tourists toting digital cameras and Jansport backpacks… ah, the joy of organized trips ☺). I think this past weekend spent in Normandy will be my first and last experience using a French tour guide. I have come to learn that I – apparently – do not play well with others. Or at least I don’t enjoy storming a historical site via tour bus! Still, the sites were amazing… a must s
We spent our day today getting acquainted with the neighborhood that surrounds the Catholic Institute of Paris (the sixth arrondisement). Since this is where I will be going to school several days a week (hopefully no more than three, I’ll keep my fingers crossed...) it’s fairly important that I know the area. Le Jardin du Luxembourg – one of the many incredible parks Paris has to offer – is just down the street. It should make for the perfect spot to grab a sandwich and “fait un pic nic” between classes.
Speaking of food… let me assure you all that I have NOT gone hungry in the past week. From salmon fillets to nutella crepes, the French are certainly living up to their reputation as far as food goes. And the café is heavenly. Turns out these Europeans have the espresso shot perfected as an art.
Just received my school schedule today, so I’ll make sure to post my vacations, just in case any of you are thinking about following through on your threats to come visit me ☺ Just let me know if you are headed this way!
No comments:
Post a Comment